Sunday, October 23, 2016

Flotsam and Jetsam

Miscellaneous thoughts and observations.

Has to be described as one of the worst trades in history. In 2012 the Red Sox traded Theo Epstein to the Cubs for Chris Carpenter. No - not that Chris Carpenter. This Chris Carpenter... Rob Gronkowski needs just 1 more receiving TD to tie Stanley Morgan for the all-time lead in Patriots history. Gronkowski is in just his 7th season with the team. Morgan played 12 seasons with the Pats... Done and done!... I'm still disappointed that "the Junk Mailer" never caught on as a nickname for Brett Favre... If I were President I would make Bobby Orr my Ambassador to Canada. Not kidding. Who can you think of that would be better? And I don't care that he's not a US citizen... Heh heh... My favorite Cubs fan is not Bill Murray - it's Bob Newhart...  Politics does indeed make strange bedfellows... ESPN reports that 11 out of 12 Microsoft tablets the Patriots were using were defective... It might surprise you but I think many more Boston fans are rooting for Terry Francona and the Indians than for Theo Epstein and the Cubs. Me among them...

No comments:

Post a Comment